Chronicalling COVID Post 5: March 26th

My drug of choice during this time is ordering swim suits online. I've already returned three. Kept one. Have two more coming. Logic is out the window. Survival mode, right?

Books that I'm reading right now. I completed American Dirt (from Oprah's book club) definitely worth the read, but super sad and eye opening about immigrants in America. Today I finished High Achiever: The Incredible True Story of One Addict's Double Life (a book from an instagram account I follow--Juggling the Jenkins-- she is SO funny!) I couldn't put this one down, it was so good! 
I'm reading Jessica Simpson's Open Book now, its about her faith and family and from what little I've read so far, its going to be another good one!

Tomorrow I have a 10 hour dentistry webinar, to make up for a lot of the continuing ed that got cancelled for April & May. Unfortunately, when I signed up for it, I was under the impression that it was from 7-5pm, I didn't realize that it was central time, so really it starts at 6am. My alarm is set for 5:30am again for the first time in a few weeks!

As for family life, we spend our days in our pajamas and underwear, doing youtube yoga, going on at least two walks a day (for the sole reason that the house is trashed), Peloton'ing, ...more tv than I'd like, facetiming family and playing in the back yard. Today was a special treat, food trucks came to our neighborhood for dinner (which they typically do every week in summertime) but this time we were contained in our cars for pick up, definitely a strange feeling, but it was the highlight of the week because I didn't have to cook!

Amidst the uncertainty and novelty of this quarantine,  there are so many memories that otherwise wouldn't have happened. #silverlining

Linda took the kiddos to the pond by Jeremy's work on Monday, they both really enjoyed it!

Ps- When Linda comes 3 days/week, I spend the vast majority of that time outside. Either doing a Peloton run, walking Charley or doing outside yoga. If it is rainy, I clean inside. I feel incredibly spoiled to have this opportunity, but on the days that she is here, I live my best life! I get to stay at home all day with my entire family and get exercise and stuff done off of my to do list. I've already done photo books for the year 2016 (clearly 4 years behind) and will continue to work on these until I get caught up. & Linda (being a singleton), gets to count on her full paycheck. Win-win-win!

I love the timing of this one!

ps-I guess Emmie would pretend like she would throw the geese a piece of bread, but then sneak it back up to her mouth for herself :)

Concentrating on her "go-gos" (legos)

Welp. Lincoln found the water balloons and hooked them up himself and successfully filled them without me knowing. While I am slightly annoyed at his sneakyness, I am impressed and happy that he can do it by himself now!

One of the silly gooses from the pond made it back in our van :)

Waiting for our Food Truck food in the parking line!

The kiddos were thrilled to get to sit in the front seats while we waited!

A friend of mine came by to take porch photos to document COVID & to help support her photography business during this time of shut down). She stayed a good 10 feet away at all times. I hooked her up with our neighborhood as well and she was able to make a chunk of change taking porch photos today! 

My fav from today!

2 peas.

Off to another day! 

Jeremy is *slowly* getting better. I started sleeping in the other room because he coughs SO much at night.  So much that he has pulled a muscle in his ribs. Last night, I had to come in to his room several times to check on him because it sounded so bad! Again, the doc said to assume he was positive and continue to quarantine. But I think we are slowly turning a corner. Today when we drove to the neighborhood clubhouse for the food trucks, he said it was the first time he has been that far from the house in two weeks and he is right! Crazy!!

Love you all! Stay well!

Comments

Popular Posts