Chronicaling COVID Post 3
The following is my way of processing the stress and documenting COVID for my Colorado Cherubs to appreciate one day.
We got a foot of snow yesterday. No bueno. We need to get outside and run and play!
I shoveled both of our neighbor's driveways because they are both in Mexico...well, they both scrambled to get back last night before the Mexican/Canadian travel ban.
We got a snow blower, but since the snow was so heavy and wet, it clogged up every 5 seconds so it was useless for this snow storm. I think it will be great when we get our typical, dry snow!
I *thought* this would be the PERFECT time to potty train Emmie. Locked inside for weeks, right? Well it lasted a few hours. I don't think she is quite ready yet and I don't want to force it too early and create an issue later on. We will try again around her 2nd bday.
We start every morning with kids yoga, trying to maintain a routine.
I'm going to lose my mind.
Water beads. They got everywhere and I am on the brink of insanity.
Emmie really liked it.
These two are bonding so much, its pretty sweet.
We've spent a lot of time in the basement, trying to contain the mess, but somehow the whole house is trashed like a spring break college frat party raged on for a week.
Social distancing by facetiming with our friend Tenley. We've also facetimed cousin Judah and Goldie every day, which has been the best perk of this whole shut down!
J &K Symptom Update:
Yesterday I had a resurgance of symptoms (coughing, heavy chest, complete lack of energy and GI discomfort). I woke up feeling much better. Jeremy on the other hand, woke up coughing extremely hard to where he almost threw up. He is sleeping in today, I can tell he is pretty sick. He will rest and hydrate today. I am hoping to make it to the grocery store to restock on some items later today.
K Mental Health Update:
I am not exaggerating when I say that I love that the whole world is paused so we can focus on actually calling and talking to each other, eat dinner together and play outside (eventually). The novelty of it is fascinating. I have NPR on our google speaker almost constantly, which is nice. However with the snow storm, the kids and I are getting stir crazy, the house is trashed, Jeremy is having a hard time working from home with all of us here and interrupting. I started a new book, High Achiever, a book about an addict and its a good escape. Well, there you have it. The good, the bad, and the ugly of March 20, 2020.







Comments
Post a Comment