Chronicalling COVID: Easter 2020
We had a pretty chill Easter this year. We woke up and did an Easter hunt, watched the Easter service on the couch, and got Easter dinner take out :) We really missed going to Bob and Barb's house and their epic annual mountain egg hunt, but it will make next year's Easter that much better!
I don't have many pics from this morning because I mostly took videos. The smiles and excitement on their faces was hilarious!
It snowed yesterday (and all day today), so we did our Easter hunt inside!
This is Em marking her territory with HER bunny!
In Lincoln's Easter basket this year: slime, a pool toy-a small treasure box with coins and jewels & spiderman walkie-talkies
(Side note: Lincoln and Jeremy were using the walkie talkies all morning and the only thing Lincoln would say is 'Daddy, daddy, checking in. Are you okay' Repeat....... 1 million times :)
In Emmie's Easter basket this year: a squishy ball, her swimsuit for the season, a pool toy & a slinky.
The tiny duo now prefers to exclusively dine together at their table that was dug up from the basement. I prepared a veggie charcuterie board to complete their fine dining experience.
Emmie enjoys lego time these days, big bro is always happy to join in too!
Em has an affinity to color on her legs, when no one is looking. She will definitely be a tattoo artist when she grows up!
Enjoying some downtime in the bunk bed together.
Linda gave the kiddos each their own Easter bags! She is so thoughtful! It had little Easter plastic cups, a praying bear for each and little wind up chicks which were all a big hit!

"Look at LONG my bubble beard!"
We did our daily bath with some *extra* bubbles
Using the Peloton to help with my anxiety. Got a new PR yesterday...lol I don't know if thats a good or bad thing. On the days that it snows, it is harder on me because I really enjoy the time spent outside with the kids.
Speaking of time outside, we are seriously considering getting a playset. We visited a local small business that does playsets in Denver. We had our own private appointment due to COVID, one of the many weird ways that things have temporarily changed. You can see L on the tire swing at the bottom and Em anxiously wanting to join.
I got inspired by my friend Amy to drink a gallon of water a day. True to form, Emmie-Girl accepts the challenge too. She loves walking around with my bottle, even though it weighs probably as much as she does!
Today we got out the couch bed in the living room. Its a pretty good depiction of our daily life right now during the 'stay at home' orders.
Linc has re-discovered the tredmill downstairs and LOVES going fast!! I'm eager to see how this will play out, maybe I'll get a good long nap out of him today!
L **LOVES** making "traps" with string all around the basement. Here is one of the many examples. In fact, last week he tied string to our sump pump and actually *broke* it!! Luckily, Jeremy was able to fix it! Linda noticed because there was water all over that side of the basement!
Their fort building skills are refining! (They are currently building as I am typing)
My bday present came early!!! Its a "Gross Mouth Book", a laminated book of cool mouth pics for me to put in my operatory, when I get to go back to work!
& my Floss Boss sweatshirt! Living the dream!
We are hanging in there! Hope you guys are too, love you!
xo,
K















Comments
Post a Comment