Chronicalling COVID- April 25, 2020
Well, we were supposed to be in Charleston right now for Margaret's wedding, but COVID got in the way. Super bummer. But she rescheduled for the same date in 2021, so we have that to look forward to!
Here is a little of what we've been up to this week:
I found a squirrel.
Saying hi to her cousins!
& saying hi to the pumpkin muffins we made
She *likes* wearing a mask. If we go out, she happily wears it the whole time. This is her wearing it for fun around the house.
You don't wear pjs on your daily quarantine walks?!
Fine dining by their fort.
Water babies
Finally earning their keep around here...
Not to brag, but Spiderman is my doctor, guys.
Caption this.
Taking care of her flowers like her Papa Bill
Best quarantine purchase to date has been window crayons. Of course when L whipped out a chair to "elevate" his art, Em had to as well.
Lincoln had me write Em a note saying "I'm sorry, I love you!" (after he pushed her out of the way so he could color there)
On Earth day we visited a little creek area, the kids really enjoyed it.
Dirt & water!
Adventure boy!
The first ice cream batch of 2020 has been made.
Their new thing is to make "magic potion". So they gather dirt, grass, dandelions, rocks, ect from our walks or our backyard and make their magic potion. Every day.
I got inspired by a friend to drink a gallon of water a day. It can be a challenge, but boy, my skin has never looked better and I feel better too!
We have the best neighbors. Amanda (the one who came over and helped Em when she busted her chin the second time) just randomly gave us some glow sticks for the bathtub. SO sweet! The kids loved it!
ps-both kids were in bed and ASLEEP by 5:40pm today! Amazing! Usually it doesn't happen that early. But it gave me a chance to exercise, write this blog and J and I will watch a movie after this!
Lincoln dressed up in several costumes (this is a tiara with spiderman mask, astronaut gloves, an inside out vest and no pants) trick or treating. He would change his costume slightly and then pretend like he was a new person, trick-or-treating for more candy. Jeremy said, "Go back and tell your friends, ALL of your friends, that we are out of candy!"
I was a part of a workshop today, called "Declutter Your Motherhood", one that I've been wanting to attend for years, but it usually takes place in Idaho or Utah, so COVID actually helped me be able to attend this workshop! Kinda cool how it all comes around in the end! I really enjoyed it! & it was really cool because for the 5 hours I was locked up in his study, I could hear Jeremy and the kids laughing and laughing the whole time together :)











Comments
Post a Comment