Chronicalling COVID April 26, 2020
A Snapshot into a COVID weekend:
...just in case anyone cared :)
...just in case anyone cared :)
--My COVID routine includes no make up, permanent pajamas, getting as much sunshine as I can, and reading more than usual, and a ton of outdoor time with the kiddos. Aside from my anxiety, its going pretty well so far.
--The kids got up early & we got to spend *a lot* of outdoor time together!
--The kids got up early & we got to spend *a lot* of outdoor time together!
--Lincoln has made 2 friends this weekend on our street, both 4 year old boys! Like instant best friends, it is so cool to see him bloom as a person! The silver lining of the stay at home orders is that it gets everyone outside more and we can actually meet each other!
--It was a lovely 70 degrees today. J and I traded time off, he got to sleep in this morning and I got to do a run outside with Charley and a few Peloton classes. Win-win.
--We have been leaving little one liner jokes on our neighbor's driveways for fun.
--We got take-&-bake enchiladas from our favorite mexican restaurant tonight & the kids were asleep by 6pm.
--I'm still riding the high from the Declutter Your Motherhood workshop that I just took and was able to be really present today with the kids and set aside my to do list. Its a really cool feeling, but part of that is that I didn't have my phone on me very much, so there aren't many pics from today :)
All around a great day!
I start work later this week! I go in tomorrow for some office stuff, but I'll see actual patients this week for treatment. Literally the governor lifted the ban on elective procedures as of 5 minutes ago! Still no PPE in stock from any dental vendors but hopefully that will change. Due to my healthcare worker status, supposively I am going to get an antibody test soon to see if I've already had it (Jeremy and I were told by our doctors to 'presume positive' back in March when we got super sick but couldn't get access to a test). That being said, I'm not really scared of the virus personally, but I am for my older/immunocompromised patients. The people that need dental treatment the most, are most often immunocompromised, so its been heavy on my mind. The virus is going to bring a lot of change to dentistry, but honestly, it was kind of needed anyways. Again, silver lining in all of this!
I'm excited to get back to it!
I'm excited to get back to it!
The pull out bed is still used daily as a mega fort.
"Mommy, it isn't moving"-Lincoln on his snow sled.
Quarantine creativity :) This is SO MUCH easier than a kite (at least for a 4 year old)
#quaranteeth
I'm going to miss COVID memes so so so so much!
Miscaleanous Updates:
-P Diddy has a meditation on audible which is pretty funny and hard to take seriously.
-I'm currently reading 2 books, one called The Price of Privilege (discussing why so many kids from affluent backgrounds have high rates of depression) & Stalling for Time My life as an FBI Negotiator
-I've been spending a lot of time pondering becoming vegan. I don't think I would be a die-hard vegan, but I like the idea of not eating meat and dairy. Trying to convince J to give up the milk and switch to Oatley. I am planting the vegan seed!





Comments
Post a Comment