Christmas 2019
Thats a "wrap" on The Schlosser 2019 Christmas! It was a low key year for us, I am already planning on blocking out time from work for 2020 to return to Missouri. I was happy to work on Christmas Eve, but I'm gearing up to go to work today (full day) and I'm not going to lie, I would do anything to be snoozing right now. Here are some highlights from our Christmas!
Merry Christmas from tooth #4
I worked 8-12pm on Xmas eve, then we went to the 2pm church service :)
Lincoln really liked the candle part lol
This little light of mine...
Emmie loved the post-service cookies
After church we made cookies for Santa, with Jude's old Santa cookie plate!
The kids actually slept in until 7am! Emmie was the first go get up! Here they are, alerting daddy to the fact that it was time to open presents!
Chaley wanted to hit the snooze button
Santa brought the wagon, tunnel and smart cycle. Mom and dad assembled this while watching Con Air, and holy cow, if you haven't seen it in a while, it is pretty hilariously terrible! Fun memories! We watched Top Gun Christmas night after the kids went down, which was infinitely better!
2019
Santa found my engagement ring and put it in my stocking! It was lost last Friday when we had the sick sitter and I was worried that I wouldn't get it back! So relieved to see it in my stocking!!
Talking Olaf in a Tunnel
Shoots & Ladders from our nanny, Sam. She gave the kids a TON of great stuff that they love, it was super sweet. Xmas Eve was her last day, the new gal starts in Jan
Emmie got a wagon from Santa to help with trips to the pool. This thing is awesome, it turns on a dime and I love that it has a shade for the kids, because its primary use will be for commutes to the neighborhood pool.
True to form, Emmie loved the midwest-style food of mashed pots, ham, brussel sprouts, rolls, esp the butter
Kelli sent this really sweet picture of my dad holding Goldie, in the new sweater we got him :)
It was super sunny and warm yesterday so we spent some time coloring :)
Slime was another big hit! At his OT appointments, she has him find things in the slime and pulls them out to help build his finger muscles (our goal is to get a better pen grip). So he was thrilled to have this at home too!
Snug as a bug in a Spiderman rug!
Emmie loved every minute of yesterday!
Jeremy knocked it out the park with my presents this year. The Peloton was supposed to be my/our big gift. I listen to a podcast every week, and its one of my absolute favorites that I talk about all of the time, well the guy has a new book out, and Jeremy got it for me without prompting. I'm already on chapter 4, less than 24 hours after getting it :)
And he got the family this, a super fancy smart toaster, which sounds absurd, but holy cow, it is pretty awesome. Emmie and I eat bagels every morning and it is super nice to have this bad boy!
Lastly, he got me these bluetooth headphones, true to Jeremy form, they have a ton of thought put into them. I asked for some wireless headphones because technology is not my thing at all, but I wanted some for my Peloton that wouldn't keep getting caught. These are designed to be OUTSIDE of your ear and use bone acoustics to let you hear the music/instructor while also being able to hear the kids when they are calling. I put it to the test, and they are everything that I didn't know I needed!!
Speaking of the Peloton, we got L this smart cycle and he LOVES it! Its connected to the ipad through bluetooth and there is an app with a ton of options, but L could race (kinda like mario kart) monster trucks, and it would go when he pedals, stop when he does and even reverse. The handle bars also move the monster truck on the app. He spent close to two hours on this yesterday and even had to get off a few times to "give my tired legs a break"
Sibling love
Teaching daddy proper oral health.
Rolling gingerbread cookies on Christmas Eve
Snow craft
Gingerbread man, with a few pieces that were absconded
Preschool sent this home, its now my FAVORITE ornament!!
Mrs. Sam made this for us and gave it to us on her last day!
Emmie helped to decorate some last minute presents that had to go through UPS
We did a pizza, pj & movie night the Saturday before Christmas with our neighbors! I've wanted to do this for a few months, and we finally did it and it was amazing!
The kids loved it! They watched The Polar Express
Lincoln took it very seriously, and brought his favorite fire truck pillow, sleeping bag and football blanket.
After the movie, they all played :) So much noise, it made our mommy hearts so happy to hear it. & no one got hurt!
My neighbor even made customized wine tumblers for each of the moms there, she is SO TALENTED and thoughtful! I absolutely adore mine!
Emmie chowing down on a grilled cheese.
This momma has to go into work now! 2019 was a lovey Christmas, but we missed you all too much so plan on us being back next year!!
Love,
K









































Comments
Post a Comment