Friday November 8, 2019
This wasn't today, but this past weekend at Lucas's bday party at the bowling ally! It was L's first time bowling and he loved it! He got a lot of help from the big kids that were such sweethearts!
The whole crew! Mom and Emmie stayed home because Emmie is still sick (runny nose, fever and fussy) and needed the nap time.
Mario himself
She thought it was hilarious to have the raspberry on her finger like Lincoln does
Mommy and L salad snack
Fast forward to when she is 16
Having the time of her life. Lincoln talked me into another hot chocolate.
Partially due to the time change and more the late hours lately, Jeremy showed up at my work with my favorite coffee drink and dark chocolate for me as a thank you and an 'I love you'. It can be hard because no matter how much time he puts into work, it never seems to be done, but he makes a huge effort to spend the time he does have with the kids and to show me that he loves me! I am extremely grateful for how hard he works for our family and still finds time to show up on many levels.
Both kids have been waking up at 4am (partly because Emmie is sick and wakes Lincoln up and partly because of the recent time change) So at 5am, we are here on a flying couch, going to Africa, the sea and the mountains. It was a busy morning.
Today we went to week 3 out of 4 of our nature school. Each kid got to pick a real chicken egg from the chicken coop.
Besties since 2015. T's mom is the one who invited us to this nature school.
Emmie saw the chickens and kept saying "DOGGIE!" (she is an animal lover)
On our nature school adventure hike. We went to this little spot called "lion's landing"
Upon arrival to the Lion's Landing, we feasted.
Lewis and Clark
Feeding the birdies in the birds nest.
Helping to build the teepee
Strong guy.
Tenley heard that it was another girl's birthday and made a dirt birthday cake, she is always putting others first, even as a 4 year old!
We read a book and also did a shape craft. Tenley is always the sweetest friend.
Finding shapes for our craft
All of that searching works up an appetite!
Siggi's triple cream all of the way! Trying to get her to gain some weight so people at Costco don't keep asking if she is 6 months old when she is actually 15 months.
2019 Grateful pumpkin. Each night we add something new. The things in quotations are Lincoln's contributions.
After a long day (4 hours at nature school, lunch, and ninja class in the afternoon), and Jeremy is working late, both kids were asleep by 5:45pm. So I blissfully have time to perfect my crafts and update the blog! I plan on making this an extension of the grateful pumpkin to hang on our wall. We are truly blessed, we need to be very mindful of that.
This week I also toured a local school that I ended up liking quite a bit, so when Lincoln is enrolled in 2021, (not next year) we will be ready to roll!
Tomorrow night I am going to the Brown Palace downtown for Christmas Tea (which I guess is a thing) with my neighborhood gal pals, so I am really looking forward to that! I'm sure that will be in my next post. In the meantime, we miss and love you all very much!
-Kristin



Comments
Post a Comment