October 6, 2021- A simple, beautiful day
Today was one of those simple but really sweet days that I want to record for my own memory. Truly, the best day in all of its simplicity.
Emmie and I started the day off with browsing wallpaper books after Lincoln, Em and I walked to kindergarten together. While on the way to the wallpaper store in Overland Park, Emmie saw a semi-truck and saw the letter E on it. She proudly shouts, "Look mom!! an E for ME!"
#reallifemoments
This photo is of Lincoln going to school with a giant plate of raspberries. I woke up late (7:50am) because Emmie has been waking up lately with screaming fits. Due to this lack of time, I rushed to get ready myself, get him and his sister ready for the day and he was busy playing Plants V. Zombies on the ipad, and I wanted to make sure he had some fiber before school started. Luckily, he is a great eaters so, he gobbled this plate up as we walked to school.
While we are on the topic of food, Em and I hit up my fav, Dolce Bakery this morning because of its close proximity to the wallpaper place. Gingersnap cookies= one of the best things I've ever tasted.....ginger is good for you....and we ate raspberries earlier, so....
Then we ate Panera on our way home, at this point, it was lunchtime. After being a working mom for the past 6 years, I relish in these small moments being a SAHM.
Side note- thank you so much to Jeremy for being a responsible, brainiac- which allows me to do such things.
They were out of butter, so Emmie put soup on her bread and was really proud of herself.
I'm raising foodies!
Then we discovered a park that is off of Pryor, close to our new house, that is amazeballs.
The park as a great bike trail and creek- Em loudly whispers, "Mom!! Shhh!!! The crocodiles are sleeping!!"
I never want her or Lincoln to grow up! I treasure this time, prior to the burdens of a full day of school, together!!
We picked up Judah from preschool last night so that Kelli could take Goldie to her first haircut in peace. I *love* being able to do this- seriously- these are the good old days, in all of their simplicity & quality time.
We made chocolate chip cookies because it was a cold rainy day.
It was a shot in the dark.... since (due to the move and things being in storage) I had no mixer, no measuring spoons, and the only measuring cup I had was literally this 1/2 cup. Luckily, I have had enough experience with making this particular recipe that I was able to have the cookies turn out okay.
Its a miracle that they turned out, despite there being a tablespoon or so, of butter missing :)
Currently reading: Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict. Self indudgant.
Currently listening to: Politicology and The Daily Podcast-I always look forward to waking up to a new episode!
Comments
Post a Comment