Blue Springs September 21, 2021
I've got some catching up to do. We have officially been in our rental house for one month. One down, 11 more to go. After a month, we have pretty much unboxed what we needed to. The kids have had 3 solid weeks of routine to get going. Emmie does gymnastics on Mondays and LOVES it! Lincoln does ninja class on Wednesdays and likes it.
Lincoln is doing great in school, I'm really proud of him. He already has a best friend that he talks about all of the time. We have had a picnic with the parents night at school, and later in October I'm going to join his class on a field trip to the pumpkin patch! I'll also be volunteering several days next week for the book fair. I really really like his school. They are rated 10/10 and I can see why, the vibe and people there are lovely.
Charley was attacked by a pitbull the other weekend while we were in St. Louis visiting BillMar. It was an awful situation and Charley really got hurt, but he is going to be okay and the owners of the illegal pitbull are going to pay the vet bills so it will all work out in the end. Not happy about it. Mama Bear came out to the owners, but its all good.
We officially closed on our Colorado house on Sept 7th, so we were able to put our 7% deposit down with the LS house. We are super excited- they are going to break ground sometime this month. We have meetings with the flooring people and cabinet contractors later this week!
I really miss my work and my Colorado neighbors. I'm at a stage where I can't look at photos of them because it makes me really homesick. Luckily, we technology can help me out, but I really miss them nonetheless.
Currently Reading: Uncle Tom's Cabin, Tom Sawyer (surprisingly very difficult to read due to old- timey jargon!) and currently reading Little House on the Prairie. See a theme here?
Here are a few recent memories:
Monkey see, monkey do!
Comments
Post a Comment