Chronicalling COVID May 26, 2020
This will probably be the last specifically labled "Chronicalling COVID" post, as everything is opening up again, restaurants, gyms, ect. Hopefully pools soon!!
Kids do weird things.
Lincoln continues his passion for "cooking" this is "coffee" that he made for me
My peony bush is a blooming machine!!!
Back to work
Peas in a pod
Planting apples
Foil river
Foil river
Start of preschool 2019
"last day" of preschool
(Em wasn't having it)
Handygirl Emmie
Enjoying eachother's company
Asparagus is approved
We've been doing outdoor playdates with Tenley
My lovely friend, Lauren, treats my kids like her own :)
E's pony tail is coming along!
This goose kept following Lincoln
Feeling loved
I'm going to take a moment to document how difficult this transition back to work as been for our family. I hope I don't come off as complain-y, I just use this blog as my own little scrap book and I want to document this transition.
With me going back to work, yet no preschool still, the kids are being very clingy and doing naughty attention-seeking behavior. (Ie: wiping shaving cream in each other's face just for attention). Both Jeremy and I try to give each kid 15 minutes of one-on-one time per day, but it doesn't feel like enough.
Work is exhausting. I can't use my loupes or light because of the face shields (the good ones are on backorder and have been for months). We can't use the cavitron so that means my wrist and back hurt more than usual. I come home drained from all of the new protocols, helping patients feel comfortable. Patients complain about the virtual waiting room, the PPE fee and if we have to turn them away due to a high temperature. I had to turn one guy away last week because he had a 101 fever, and he called back and was angrily vented to my boss.
On the days I work, I don't feel like cooking, and we tend to get a ton of take out, which adds up when you do it week after week. I still don't have an n95 mask, despite hygienists literally being the #1 job most likely to contract COVID. I'm not afraid of COVID, but it kind of grinds my gears that I don't have access to one. Also by going back to work, I am not getting the exercise that I did while on quarantine, or drinking nearly the amount of water.
There is a crazy online dentist vs hygienist war going on, its so bad the states are issuing letters for people to work together.
Its stressful. But like all things, this too shall pass. I'm hoping sooner, rather than later :)
Comments
Post a Comment