Unfortunately on December 23, the day that we were supposed to drive to St. Louis, (& the same day that our heat went out in our rental) Jeremy tested positive for COVID. He was in bed for a solid 3 days. I got symptoms a few days after that, and Emmie had a mild cough. It was not my most favorite Christmas. But not all Christmases can be winners, right?
Here are some highlights of the past week:
The last bit of fun we had was decorating cookies at a friend's house. It was so much fun!
Sprinkles!
We had a great group
Christmas Eve- I let the kids open this gift early because Jeremy was in bed all day and I needed to occupy them. Lincoln jumped right in and was thrilled to help build!
I had little foresight, because I got stuck with assembling it several times over throughout the day. It was totally worth it though!
Emmie has been helping me with food prep lately. She was in charge of the cheese.
I mean, cheese mountains.
Christmas Eve-Santa left Ryan's World Ultimate Spy Kit, a Minecraft calendar and an Elsa dress
Dad popped out for a few hours on Christmas morning
This is the second thing we built with the tubelocks
Snuggling with Charley
Progress made on the house- foundation pretty much set up, they sprayed it with some tar like stuff and added some piping.
And we got a spray painted house number, so it makes it significantly easier for myself and my family to creep on.
She liked her stocking stuffer kitty sleep mask.
Onion prep cook. She doesn't shy away from onions.
Playing Minecraft
Emmie asked me to take a photo of her and Charley
Emmie and I made lentil soup and she licked the bowl clean!
I decided to channel my COVID cabin fever into making NYE fun
The kids loved this
Dress up all day, ever day
Sleeping mask + flowers
Emmie wanted to watch the Grinch literally every day of winter break
Ready to start the day, this one
Sprinkles+baking soda+vinegar= clinking glasses
Clock Cookies
Candyland sidewalk chalk game
Checking out the house all of the time.
Emmie went to bed early because she was a crank pot but she toasted with us before she hit the sack!
In other news, the heat went out again. Its really cold but have space heaters. I'm really really ready for the new house to be built.
Fav Gifts 2021:
Lincoln- Nintendo Switch and Minecraft
Emmie: dalmation stuffed animal in a little purse to carry it in
Dad- Football Blanket
Mom- blue jacket
Comments
Post a Comment