September 4th, 2019

This Labor Day weekend, Jeremy and I did a lot of cleaning. Forget spring cleaning, fall cleaning is where its at! We cleaned out ALL of the closets (no easy feat, thats where I stash all of the junk), the garage, my pocket office and went through a lot of old papers, clothes and stuff. We kept it pretty low key, which was really nice. I'd like to go through our kitchen cabinets this upcoming weekend too.  I've got de-clutter fever! Other than that, on Monday, we had a birthday party for neighborhood friends at the swimming pool. It was a nice, easy and recharging long weekend!

We hit up the library, Lincoln loves feeding the book monster.

Emmie picking out books. She is preeeeeetty close to walking!

He is conducting his own story time while waiting for the actual story time to start

Raiding my wallet, as Marcia put it, "Mom, I need a new headband!"

Her thing right now is putting on caps, she is actually pretty good at it and can screw them on so they don't fall off.  If she seems a lid, she will skwak until she gets it. Her and Lincoln make a great team, he unscrews the lids and leaves them all around the house and she puts them back on! haha

Our long weekend tradition is to make homemade waffles. 

Besties

Lincoln was drawing a picture of Emmie for us to hang in our bedroom.

Emmie loves Jeremy's cereal, the Kashi cinnamon shredded wheat. Its not just Jeremy's cereal any more, both Emmie and Lincoln love it haha

While cleaning out the garage, we put Lincoln to work with the magnetiles. 

At the pool with our friend, Beckett. The live around the block and his mom is in my book club. He is also in our Friday ninja class :)

At Target, Lincoln says "I wish Jesus would but this in our house!" He must think Jesus and Santa are similar lol

On September 2, we did our very first pig tales!!!!! They only lasted about 15 minutes because I need more practice, but its oh so sweet!

Emmie climbed Lincoln's Learning Tower for the first time and was VERY proud of herself!!

So proud!

Emmie was attempting to make us coffee, which is Lincoln's job (he makes it for Jeremy and I every single day with out fail). I love that we can delegate chores now!

Live action shot of Lincoln just now, "Mommy, look look! I'm making a number pattern!" How is he getting so grown up?!

Lincoln's fort (Jeremy's dirty clothes hamper)

Emmie has had a rough few nights with teething.  Her top two are coming in :) But As of now, she has been asleep for 14 hours and counting (making the publishing of this blog possible, haha). I've checked on her like 3 times already. But I'm glad she is getting some sleep! Today, we just have swim class in the afternoon and I am going to make a meal for a neighbor who just had a baby. I'm hoping to get a run in with the kids as well. Happy to have a short work week and start Lincoln's birthday festivities this weekend!


She isn't too shabby with a fork and spoon these days!

Edit: Finally, Em woke up after a 15.5 hour slumber! She woke up hungry and ready to eat some of daddy's cereal again! lol





Comments

Popular Posts