May Madness

Hello family and friends!

We've got more updates! Seems like every week we have something new going on as of late. As many of you know, we have a closing date for the house! We will be moving over the July 4th holiday weekend! We are trying to move smarter this time, and will be hiring movers for the big furniture. The move should be a lot easier because we are going into a bigger space, unlike last time when I spent at least a month trying to cram out stuff into closets and crawl spaces. Hopefully Kelli can make it out for the move and we can find some sitters for the baby and Charley. 

A great opportunity at work came up, I'm going to cover a co-worker's maternity leave for 13 weeks, starting next week. This means that I will be temporarily returning to work full time. Great timing as this will help cover many of the start up costs of the house. We are picking out blinds and appliances, etc. right now so the extra cash flow will be nice.

That means that Lincoln will start full time day care next week. It will be good for him to make more baby friends. Don't ask me about it next week because I will probably lose it....I felt really good about putting him in daycare for the longest time until this week, when he started getting major separation anxiety. It will totally be harder on me than it will be for him, he is a happy kid, especially when new toys are involved.

Jeremy's enjoying his in-house work with Excel. His 'bosses' at Xcel seem to really like him and appreciate the great work that he produces. The summer will be a busy time for him with commissioning, so life will be a tad chaotic during the move, but nothing that we can't handle. 

Charley gets his teeth cleaned tomorrow. He gets put under anesthesia and everything. But soon his stinky dog breath will be gone! And hopefully his gingivitis too! I really need to train him to use an electric brush.

Something really cool happened in Colorado this spring. Colorado is now one of two states to pass legislation granting hygienists the ability to place fillings and do simple extractions. This is huge! Being a 'dental therapist' would require more education, but it would help provide dental services to a lot more people. Only ~10% of Coloradans have been to a dental visit in the past year, with mainly people in the Denver metro area have access to care. This is definitely something that I would be interested in once they put the school in place. Colorado is very friendly to hygienists. Pretty cool stuff.

Also, June 9th-11th I'll be going to Baton Rouge for a dental conference. First time that I won't be within driving range of Lincoln. He will be in great hands with dad though!

So thats our world in a nutshell. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! More updates on the Schlossers soon!

First time on the swing. He loved it :)

8 months! 

Starting to stand now!

#Proudmommy

Brusha brusha brusha!

Dad time is the best time

Couldn't leave this gem out.

Jeremy's study. It was fun to see the house with insulation. It was like being in an alternate universe.

Now we have dry wall.

Coming along


Exterior stone almost done, next up is the exterior paint.

Y'all come back now!



Comments

Popular Posts