Springtime with the Schlossers
Spring has sprung in the Schlosser household! I apologize for the delay in posts, I'll sum up the past few months for you: tissues, sleeping and a whole lot of laying around for me. Jeremy on the other hand, has been killing it. He is now running 15 miles per week and is burning through his book list. He has even read a few expecting dad books, which has already been a huge help. Such a sweetheart, he is. Well, now that I've been feeling better, I finally have things to inform you all about.
We started March off with a weekend visit from my friends, Jenn & Jenny and their spouses. It was so good to see them. Much to my delight, we got to play some of our multi player board games. They were sweet enough to surprise us and the "Golden Nugget" with several gifts, including his very first onesie outfit!
Last week Kelli came out for her spring break. Charley, Kelli and I spent a lot of time at the dog park and going on trail walks. To Jeremy's delight, we teamed up to make some delicious homemade cinnamon rolls. Charley broke my heart when we dropped her off at the airport. As you can see in the picture below, he was sad to see her go when we left the airport. #heartbreaking
We started our small group meetings with church. Our group is made up of families with young children, which has been immensely helpful. We meet weekly and discuss life and church. It is really nice to finally be meeting more people here.
Work has been going well for the both of us. Jeremy is going to Chicago for some training this week. Next week he finally begins to work from his new office! I will miss having him around the house on my day off, but I'm happy that he will finally get to be in his new office….and out of the third bedroom so I can convert it to a nursery :)
As for me, I've been feeling pretty good at work so far. I've found that scrubs are the perfect maternity clothes. I've been working a few extra hours, while I still feel up to it. I discussed maternity leave with my boss, and it looks like I will likely not have to return to work until January once the baby is born. Then I will resume my normal 4 day/week schedule that I have now. I'm pretty happy with that. Our office is shooting a commercial with Comcast later this month. My boss asked for some dummy volunteers for the shoot…. I'm trying to get Jeremy to be a mock implant patient for the commercial. So stay tuned!
(He's pretty cute, right?!)
So we've slowly been stocking up on some baby gear. Jeremy and I painted the crib a few weeks ago. I've taken up consignment sale hunting and have found a few really good deals. It is really fun to have baby stuff stacking up in the third bedroom.
In May we are planning to take a baby moon road trip to Moab, Utah. Charley will be joining us for our last pre-baby vaycay. Hopefully we can get some good hiking in before I get too big. Later that month we get to go to Virginia to see the Venteichers and meet baby Genevieve! Then in June, we have more babies to meet in Chicago! 2015 is going to be a good year.
Today we had the pleasure of joining the Spencers for their annual Easter gathering. After an insanely delicious meal, we went on the coolest egg hunt I've ever seen. Jeremy and I helped to hide the eggs in the woods that back up to their property. While the kids were finding their eggs, Jeremy joined the adult group, where they found their eggs by using GPS coordinates. I was the beneficiary of his findings :) It was SUCH a good time!
Hiding Eggs
More Hiding
Lucas huntin' away
Off-terrain hunting
Jacob, Jeremy & Jackson
That is all for now. Love you all! Happy Easter!
Ps- My cousin Jeremy and his wife Krista welcomed their third child into the world last Thursday. Last night, we got to meet Keeley Madison Williams. She is adorable. Krista is amazing and makes child birth look like a breeze.
Pregnancy Update:
Week: I'll be in week 18 on Tuesday. The baby is the size of a pomegranate.
Cravings: Hershey Kisses, Breadsticks, homemade popcorn.
Names: We have no idea.
Symptoms this week: pregnancy brain, fatigue, increasing appetite.
Kicks: I felt the first at the end of week 16. I've been feeling very soft daily kicks ever since :)
Highlight of the week: for the first time people at work noticed my bump (it has taken its sweet time)
Looking forward to: Anatomy scan on April 20th
Bathroom Bump Selfie:











Comments
Post a Comment