Schlo Mail #1
Hey everybody! It has been a CRAZY two weeks!I apologize to everyone for neglecting you! I've made it a goal of mine to set up a regular "newsletter" email to everyone to keep you updated with the move and with mountain life.
The poor couch: (This day was probably the most emotional day so far, at least for me. Jeremy had to hack it out of the closet. #violentdeath)
Turbo packing mode:
Someone is not as helpful. Maybe he is in denial?
So long story short, Jeremy and I have jumped in feet first into this move! Our realtor advised us to sell the house before school starts in hopes of selling it quickly. We have been very busy with sprucing up the house and lawn, as well as packing most of our belongings into the garage (thanks to Jeremy's expert stacking skills).
We had our "I Do BBQ" last Saturday. We had a great turn out, and it was so good to see a lot of our friends before things get hectic with the move. Jeremy's boss gave us a really nice bocce ball set, which we are pretty stoked about. Between that and our fat stack of board games that we got for the wedding, we will hopefully attract in new friends out in Colorado in no time!
On Thursday, Jeremy and I will be going out to Colorado to scout out a place to call home. We will get to meet up with Uncle David and Aunt Joyce and all of the cousins on Saturday. They have already been extremely helpful with guiding us towards the more desirable areas of Denver to be. Currently, we are interested renting an apartment for 12-18 months before we can figure out which part of the Denver area would be the best fit. We really like an apartment complex that is very close to Jeremy's work in Englewood. Ideally, we would also like to go down to one car, so we can save up for a downpayment for a house more quickly. Denver's light rail system will hopefully make it easier on us too.
For those of you who don't know, I have quit working at Dr. Hanson's office in Independence. I'm set up to temp at an office here in Lawrence until the end of September. I absolutely love the people at this office and the new commute. Jeremy is out in Rockford, Illinois for part of this week and again for all of next week. As for me, when I'm not prepping the house to show, I've been spending my free time looking up more information about starting a hygiene practice in Colorado. Also, I would like to dabble in some Spanish classes out there (which will likely be useful in a hygiene practice) and I eventually would like to get into cake decorating (an underdeveloped hobby).
So clearly, there are a lot of new things going on! As Jeremy put it earlier, it is very bittersweet but also exciting. We love you all so much and appreciate all of the support you have shown us! I will do my best to send out these emails to keep everyone in the loop. Hopefully next week I will have some pictures of our scouting trip for you all!
Love,
Kristin
Ps- Below is a link to our listing in Lawrence, if anyone is interested in checking it out:
Pictures of the move:
Jeremy's stacking skills in action:
Comments
Post a Comment