Wild Wild West
First and foremost, I am proud to announce that our Lawrence house is now under contract! We have to wait 60 days to close, but September 26th will be our official date if everything goes according to plan. I want to give a big shout out to Jeremy and all of the work that he did to fix up the yard and the house. We sold it in exactly 7 days, largely due to all of the work that he put into prepping/ market research. Having the house sold/knowing key details makes planning the move a lot easier.
Speaking of the move, as most of you probably already know, we spent last weekend scouting out places in Denver. Among other things, I was pleasantly reminded of how much better my hair looks in low humidity, so that is def a perk for those of you who are tallying up the reasons to make the move to Colorado too. Also, Mexican restaurants galore! We also got to meet the Denver EN crew at a Rockies game on Friday night. They all seem like a very fun crew, some of them are a tad on the hippie side, but everyone was extremely welcoming, we had a great time. Jeremy and I successfully used the light rail to get downtown that night, I'm now a big fan of Denver's public transit.
We experienced some sticker shock when we became more familiar with the Denver real estate market. After much back and forth, we are still planning on getting an apartment close to Jeremy's work in Englewood. We have our eye on one apartment complex in particular, but we are waiting to pull the trigger until closer to the move in date. We plan on living the small life for a year, so we can figure out where we want to live and to build up a sizable down payment. It is kind of thrilling get to live a more simple life, or maybe I'm really just excited to not vacuum a 3 bedroom house :) With each paycheck that we save we have been building momentum towards our finical goals, very satisfying. However, the giant Ikea store in Denver may make saving a little more difficult….
Jeremy has been in Rockford, Illinois all week. I've been holding down the fort. I've been helping my friends with their wedding planning a little this week. I'm glad that I can be of some use. Other than that, I'm working for the weekend, we are going to the Royal's game with my parents and I'm going to try to catch up on some reading. I don't know about you all, but I'm ready for some down time!
Love you all, sending warm wishes and thoughts your way!
~Kristin
The tile that we used to fix Charley's little carpet mishap:
Upon arriving in Denver, Jeremy says, "Our home is at the end of the rainbow…mine will be the one over here, and yours the one over there!"
The storage room in one of the apartments that we are looking at. Or maybe where his part of the rainbow ends?
There is no reason for this last one, it just makes me laugh.
Comments
Post a Comment