Brave Little Guy

I am assuming that Lincoln wanted to spice up the blog a little bit, and add a twist to the regular photo dumps. So here is a story of his bravery last week. As many of you know, our little Lincoln was pretty sick last week. He started coughing and had a temperature over the weekend, so we went in to the doctor to have him checked out before our upcoming flight to St. Louis. It turns out that he had bronchiolotis and an ear infection. He was good at hiding it though, I honestly didn't think that he was that sick.

The bronchiolitis got a little worse before it got better. Lincoln's sustained deep belly breathing really worried the pediatrician, which in turn, worried us. He was put on several medications and oxygen for several days and we cancelled our trip. On the bright side, Jeremy and I now have experience with hooking a toddler up to an oxygen tank....a task about as easy as it sounds. But our little cherub is as healthy as a horse now :)

It was a little scary seeing Lincoln hooked up like that. But thankfully, our Peanut is back to normal, zipping around the house again, making a mess. This experience gave both Jeremy and I a chance to toughen our parenting skins, and we were also able to fall back on the support of our dear friends. It has also given me time to reflect and be grateful for our otherwise, healthy child. I feel deeply for those parents with a child with a chronic illness. Hauling that oxygen tank into the car one time was all that I ever hope to experience. Our family is very blessed.

Being a good sport about the oxygen at dinner time.

Lincoln braved through hours and hours at the pediatrician & kept the nurses and everyone on their toes!


Not something you see everyday.

Refilling the tank.

Later admiring the oxygen tank :)

Story time is the best medicine. 

The crew.

Feeling MUCH better! Back to his favorite hobby of putting objects on his head. He is only on oxygen at night now, and hopefully only for a few more days.

and back to making messes again :)








Comments

Popular Posts