Hello family! 

Its time for a quick update since most of you probably think that we have fallen off the face of the planet! Jeremy has been putting in 12 hour days, even through the weekend for the past month and its been difficult to find time to update everyone! The good news is that things should return to normal after the next few sites of commissioning are done on November the 20th. Even more good news, he is doing an interview tomorrow to hire someone on his team! 

The biggest news that most of you don't know about is my change in work schedule. I've decided that I am cutting down to working one day a week on Fridays and the occasional Saturday until we close on the house. Jeremy is able to work longer days during the week so that he can have Fridays off, and this way, we will be able to keep Lincoln out of day care! 

Quick back story: Since mid-October, we had been contemplating about cutting down the days that I work. Then one day my office manager called to confirm my return date. This nudged the decision making process along a little. I am so glad we are able to keep me at home for a while. It is worth the pay cut to get to be there for these precious few months!

So with all of these changes, my first day back was this last Friday. It went really well. I really enjoyed getting out of the house for the day. I got to have more adult conversation that day than I have in two weeks! It had been 10 weeks since I last worked and it felt good to get back in the game. That being said, this mommy was very happy to see Lincoln after work. It is crazy how much I missed that little guy. 

Lincoln is growing like a weed. While he still fits in 3 month clothes, he is starting to wear 6 month clothes already. I feel like he grows an inch every night. I love getting to see how much he progresses both physically and mentally each day. Play time is a lot more fun and interactive now, he especially likes his butterfly toy (thanks Marcia & Bill). We are starting to get a lot more smiles and coos- it warms my heart. He seems to amp up the smiles if he knows he should be napping. Whoever said that babies can't manipulate their parents at this age hasn't met this kid.

We go on Tuesday for his two month appointment. I'm eager to see his new growth percentiles...not so eager for the shots. The kid seems to have a pretty high pain tolerance though (unfortunately I've discovered this after many bumps and scratches), so hopefully it all goes well.

As for the house, still no official update from the builder. I did drive by the lot last week and saw a large pile of dirt on the lot across the street. There wasn't a hole associated with the dirt, haha but I'll call it progress. However, I am beginning to really appreciate the size of the townhouse. Less to clean and it is easier to keep track of where I put pacifiers and toys. 

We have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to look forward to this month. Aunt Kelli and Uncle Jason are coming for Thanksgiving. We are going to The Williams' for Thanksgiving, which is always so much fun. And this year we even have a little turkey of our own to bring with us!

Here are a few moments from the past month:

                                                           The little pumpkin

                                            Good thing he doesn't have teeth yet

Visiting dad at work

Getting his work out in 

Enjoying our family walks

Mr. Elephant has got a #1 fan



Working on the prereqs for going mobile. Got to get this head under control first.



Comments

Popular Posts