Countin' Down The Days!
Today marks 23 days until the due date! Jeremy and I hit up the OB's office this morning to get a quick glamor shot of our little guy. This is the first ultrasound image we have had from him in 17 weeks! He weighs 6 pounds 14 oz, and he is looking good according to the doctor :) He was asleep during the ultrasound (already taking after his dad's sleeping habits)
Cravings: Food. All the time. I don't discriminate any more.
I would say that we are about as ready as we can be for his arrival! We have the hospital bag packed, car seat installed, someone to look after Charley and a birth plan primed and ready. That and we have a ton of baby gear, this kid is going to be spoiled.
Last Wednesday during our monthly meeting at work, I was SO surprised when we ended the meeting with a baby shower! They really got me, I wasn't expecting a big party at all. I was totally thrilled with the giant cake that they got me (I had been eyeing it during the whole meeting), but at the very end I got the surprise of the century; those crazies pitched in to get us the Bob Revolution Pro stroller that we registered for!!! I was prepared to scour CraigsList and Varage Sale for months to get a used one, but now we have the luxury to have our very own new stroller! Our family is going to enjoy many happy miles with this sucker!
Pretty sleek.
Speaking of work, I will start maternity leave this Friday! Originally, I intended on working up until the due date, but this child is quite literally coming between me and the patients I see. Me and my tired/achy back are looking forward to taking it easy and spending the last few days baking and making some freezer meals.
House Update: On Friday we had a marathon day at our first design center appointment. We spent three and a half hours scouring over floor choices, stone finishes and everything in between. We have one more appointment next week to finalize our decisions. I am most excited that we will actually have space for our things and won't have to use our closet space as storage any more! And with our big garage we will have room to put his stroller (currently decorating our living room). Side note: Jeremy has to park the car in the garage for me now because this preggo and a car won't both fit in our tiny car garage. It is really fun to get to plan out the new place together. It is even more fun to think that we will have a kiddo living there with us! I am so thankful that we got to squeeze in before the Nugget is born. I can't imagine trying to make all these big decisions on very little sleep.
So many choices!
The tile wall is three times this photo size! I packed several snacks for this trip & we needed all of them!
A sneak peak of our main floor top contenders
Kitchen layout. Going to add a few glass cabinets and crown molding to the top. (The cabinets are my favorite part of the house)
Our lot. They fenced in two sides for us! Wohoo!
So to answer your next question, we have no idea when it will be finished. The builders are being very vague on when they are going to break ground. Back when we initially signed, we were told that they should break ground in September. But we had a record year for rain this summer which has set back the building start time a bit. So we don't have an estimation of when they are going to break ground yet but waiting is okay with us. I'm just happy we have most of the design decisions out of the way.
These past few weeks, Jeremy and I have been enjoying spontaneous dates to embrace the last of our 'DINK' (Dual income, no kids) status. We went to my favorite hiking spot, a few movies, several surprise fro-yo dates (instant way to get me excited these days) and a couple Rockies games. Just trying to enjoy the calm before the baby storm.
This week we have a rockies game (possibly two) and we get to meet with our pediatrician. I plan to get a hair cut before the nugget arrives, maybe sterilize a bottle or two. Who knows, maybe we will get to meet the baby this week :)
Pregnancy Update:
Week: 37 weeks tomorrow! The baby is the size of a chihuahua!
Symptoms this week: Turtle like movements, meaning both turtle speed and turtle troubles getting up.
Highlight of the week: Getting to see his little face on the sonogram!
Looking forward to: the hospital trip!
Here are a few more pics from the past few weeks:
Taken August 8th (one month 'till due date)
Taken today (36 weeks 6 days)
He has a big smile on his face because he PR'ed for his best mile, 5k and 10k time in this race! So proud of all his hard work!
Rockies Game with our friends
Setting up the car seat
Sunset from my favorite hiking spot

Comments
Post a Comment