Cribs: Baby Schlosser Edition

Hello friends!


I just got back from my doctor check up today and our little guy is right on target for where he needs to be! That is always a great way to start the week. For those of you who have lost track of time, we only have 7 weeks left until we get to meet him! 

I feel about as prepared as I can be at this point. We have attended a nursing class and one on basic baby care, where we learned what is normal and what is not for newborns, which I found extremely helpful. We have a few more classes to take, but slowly we are getting ready for this kid. 

Best of all, we have finished (for the most part) our nursery! We stuck to a budget for this nursery because it turns out that saving for a house downpayment  takes up a lot of our spare cash flow these days. A lot of this stuff was bought on sale or at a consignment sale. The dresser and night stand are Jeremy's old furniture, which I thought was a sweet addition to the nursery. I thought I'd document the nursery now, because I am sure that it won't always be this clean and organized. So enjoy the pics:



We hung this white board up when this room was Jeremy's office. It wasn't coming down without tearing up the wall so we decided to repurpose it.


Wardrobe

Jeremy and the baby are sharing this closet for now. The sweater organizer holds swaddle blankets, sleep sacks and onesies organized by size.

The drawer organizers are a recent Ikea find.


Diaper bag and nursing cover hook

Carseat

Setting up the changing table

Changing station for the main floor

Diaper organizer with wipes and necessities

The baby's kitchen cabinet space.



Many of the things that we have in our nursery were gifts from you guys! Thank you so so much for your generosity! This kid is pretty lucky!

Pregnancy Update:
Week: 32 weeks + 6 days. The Golden Nugget is the size of a Florida Pomelo, and weighs 4 pounds. We have another doctor appointment in two weeks. Then we begin our weekly checks!

This is a cool feature from my pregnancy app. It shows how big the baby's hand is this week compared to when it is full term. He is getting there!

Cravings: Water, can't get enough of it!
Names: We have a name! (Which makes the whole will making process a lot easier)
Symptoms this week: Smaller bladder and smaller stomach. Also, I am needing to keep snacks by the bed stand now. Fingers crossed this kiddo doesn't give me a ton of cavities. 
Kicks: I get the most kicks right before I go to sleep, which is really sweet and comforting.
Highlight of the week: This isn't baby related, but I accidentally spilled (cold) bacon grease all over Charley's head yesterday. He likes to stand by me when I am in the kitchen now because I frequently drop things and can't pick them up. He loves it.  
Looking forward to: We have a labor and delivery class next Saturday. Getting closer and closer!


We have been really busy the past few weeks. Here are a few pictures of the highlights:

Our 5k on the 4th of July. Jeremy PR'ed and I wasn't last so it was a success for the both of us!



Garden of the Gods Trip (32 + 5 days)

On Friday we went to the Darius Rucker and Brett Eldridge concert. After a few hours of sitting on in our lawn seats, one of the security guards felt bad enough for this preggo to give us upgraded seats…like really upgraded seats. 



Until next time! It won't be long until baby pictures start popping up on here! Eek! :)

Comments

Popular Posts