The Schlossers Tour America
We have been super busy on the weekends this month doing what
I'm calling the 'Schlossers Tour America' tour. Just trying to get around
and see all the new nephews and our sweet little niece before we get tied down
for awhile. It has been a busy couple of weeks, but definitely the best kind of
vacations.
On Memorial Day weekend we went to Charlottesville to see The
Venteichers. I could kick myself for not taking more pictures during our
trip. We had such a good time. Jude is such a great big brother.
"Genevieve Adorable" as he calls her, (appropriately so), is the
sweetest little thing. Becky and Jerome totally make this whole parenting thing
look easy. We went to our first live polo game, which was at a winery in the
mountains. I'd never been to anything like it before, it was a really neat
experience. While we were there, we learned more about different baby gear,
which was extremely helpful. We tried on some different baby carriers and got
some really good advice from the pros.
Luckily, I have a sister in law that takes amazing photos, so
here is a snap that she took from that weekend.

Earlier this month we celebrated our one year anniversary in
Aspen and Snowmass. It was a nice weekend getaway, we brought Charley with us
for our last little family vacation. We visited the mountain where we got
hitched and got a lot of good hiking in. I was surprised with how scared I got
when we took the gondola ride. Normally I am afraid of heights, but on our
wedding day I must have been too distracted to notice. This time around my hands were
sweating the whole time. It was totally worth it. It was a beautiful day and a
beautiful trip. We had a great time recounting the memories and discussing the future in the restaurant lounge. There was much less broken glass this time we visited :)
This past weekend we visited The Schlossers, party of five, in
Chicago. George and Henry are the cutest little babies! Matt and Jane
totally have it together. They make having twins look so easy. We got a lot of
baby holding in. It was the first time I have ever held a baby that little. I
wish I would have taken more pictures here too, but I was so distracted by
holding them that I completely forgot. The next time we see them, they will be
6 months old and they will have a 3 month old cousin. Blows my mind.
George Jay and Uncle J
Next weekend we will be hitting up Kansas City for our final
stop on the tour for a bridal and baby shower. It will be a really short trip,
but I'm excited to get to see our loved ones. And a few of you will get to see
this big bump in person!
July will be much more calm for us. We are doing a 5k with our
friends on July 4th in Highlands Ranch. I cleared it with my doctor today and I
also walk with Charley about 3 miles a day anyway, so I am hoping that it won't
be too rough. I will most likely be walking a lot during the race.
Jeremy on the other hand, is running from 4-8 miles a day, so he will totally
smoke all of us.
Later in July we will be taking some classes at the hospital. I signed up for a labor/delivery class, breastfeeding, and basic child care
class. Our doctor told us to go ahead and preregister at the hospital today,
which was pretty exciting. Honestly, last week I was a little nervous about all of the
stuff we have to do and learn before the baby comes, but after spending this
weekend with the twins was really reassuring that everything will be fine. Just
one look at their little faces makes you forget about all the other little
things.
I will make sure to post pictures of the nursery next time. It
is slowly shaping up, we just need a few more things to make it complete. I'm
discovering that the third trimester= major nesting and cleaning mode. Here is
a sneak peak of a little animal poster I just framed for the little one.
On a final note, Happy belated Fathers Day to all you dads out
there! You all work so hard and are very loved by us!
Pregnancy Update:
Week: 28 weeks + 6 days.
The Golden Nugget is the size of a tropical coconut. He is about 2.5 pounds and
is around 15 inches long.
Cravings: Food in general. My appetite is picking up to full speed.
Names: Getting close! (Its a
secret!)
Symptoms this week: I've gone
through a few growth spurts and each time I accidentally rub my belly up
against a patient's shoulder. Its such a strange experience. My spacial awareness is dwindling.
Kicks: He is totally
practicing some dance moves in there.
Highlight of the week: Getting to hold
Henry and George. Their little cousin kicked them a few times to say hello.
Looking forward to: hanging up some more things in the nursery.
A few of you know I had a doctor's appointment today. Everything is looking great and the baby is doing well. I was supposed to take my glucose tolerance test today. Apparently I have a zero tolerance policy, because I was unable to keep the glucose drink down when I needed to. I go in again on Wednesday to try again. Fingers crossed.
Here
are a few recent pics:
Luckily, I have a sister in law that takes amazing photos, so here is a snap that she took from that weekend.

Earlier this month we celebrated our one year anniversary in Aspen and Snowmass. It was a nice weekend getaway, we brought Charley with us for our last little family vacation. We visited the mountain where we got hitched and got a lot of good hiking in. I was surprised with how scared I got when we took the gondola ride. Normally I am afraid of heights, but on our wedding day I must have been too distracted to notice. This time around my hands were sweating the whole time. It was totally worth it. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful trip. We had a great time recounting the memories and discussing the future in the restaurant lounge. There was much less broken glass this time we visited :)
This past weekend we visited The Schlossers, party of five, in Chicago. George and Henry are the cutest little babies! Matt and Jane totally have it together. They make having twins look so easy. We got a lot of baby holding in. It was the first time I have ever held a baby that little. I wish I would have taken more pictures here too, but I was so distracted by holding them that I completely forgot. The next time we see them, they will be 6 months old and they will have a 3 month old cousin. Blows my mind.
Next weekend we will be hitting up Kansas City for our final stop on the tour for a bridal and baby shower. It will be a really short trip, but I'm excited to get to see our loved ones. And a few of you will get to see this big bump in person!
July will be much more calm for us. We are doing a 5k with our friends on July 4th in Highlands Ranch. I cleared it with my doctor today and I also walk with Charley about 3 miles a day anyway, so I am hoping that it won't be too rough. I will most likely be walking a lot during the race. Jeremy on the other hand, is running from 4-8 miles a day, so he will totally smoke all of us.
Later in July we will be taking some classes at the hospital. I signed up for a labor/delivery class, breastfeeding, and basic child care class. Our doctor told us to go ahead and preregister at the hospital today, which was pretty exciting. Honestly, last week I was a little nervous about all of the stuff we have to do and learn before the baby comes, but after spending this weekend with the twins was really reassuring that everything will be fine. Just one look at their little faces makes you forget about all the other little things.
I will make sure to post pictures of the nursery next time. It is slowly shaping up, we just need a few more things to make it complete. I'm discovering that the third trimester= major nesting and cleaning mode. Here is a sneak peak of a little animal poster I just framed for the little one.
Comments
Post a Comment